29 December 2007

Grand Finale!


My final post for the 23 things....
The web technologies available were far beyond what I expected. Many seem to empower the individual, to do and create as you please, interacting with who ever may be interested. I was impressed by Flickr from week 6, but from the award winners I also liked the self publishing site.

The library learning program was worth the effort, even with the challenge of dedicating work time to it. I learned a lot about new techonlogies, plenty I hadn't heard of before. Whether I would find a use for many of them, I'm not sure. The emphasis is often 'sharing' with these web 2.0 technologies and that could be used to advantage in a library situation, but how much would we be duplicating existing services. Good planning and discussion would help us come up with a great service and obstacles shouldn't stand in our way of at least looking for improvements or offering a service to our students and staff. I hope we'll be able to keep up with the swift technological changes, though.

No comments: